Last updated: 12th May 2010
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions of Website use and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat your personal information. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Vuma Financial Limited of Lacon House, 84 Theobald's Road, London, WC1X 8RW.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.vuma.com (the "Website"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact or correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website.
- Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregated information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Vuma Financial Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and/or other agreements entered into with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Vuma Financial Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.